Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Become the Engineering Manager for a team at the center of our support strategy and our mission to make business personal. You’ll be responsible for leading the team who are building our highly differentiated, next gen ticketing solution. This is an opportunity to lead an existing team to deliver a huge amount of impact for our customers and raise the bar for high performance in how we work.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Partnering with engineering, product, and design leaders to shape team direction and strategy.
- Supporting and driving this strategy to clear impact with the help of your team.
- Enabling your team to achieve high levels of productivity, performance and reliability.
- Teaching, mentoring, coaching and being a role model for engineers and other engineering managers.
- Creating a collaborative, inclusive and supportive team culture focused on fast, focused, high impact execution.
- Helping to shape and evolve our engineering culture by contributing to our engineering organization programs.
What skills do I need? 📖
- An ability to lead Engineering teams that deliver impact quickly.
- Experience developing and supporting a team of engineers in their personal growth and career progression.
- A track record of partnering with product and design leadership to deliver great outcomes.
- Demonstrated impact in a similar technical leadership role.
- A growth mindset and eagerness to learn.
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy
How will I be supported?
- You will buddy with another London based manager who will help you to onboard and get up to speed quickly.
- You will have a close group of management peers to collaborate with and learn from.
- We invest heavily in our Managers, supporting individual career development through training and coaching
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.