Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As a Compensation Analyst at Intercom, you will play a crucial role in designing, implementing, and managing our compensation programs to attract and retain top talent while ensuring fairness and competitiveness in the market. You will collaborate with HR, Finance, and other key stakeholders to support the company's overall compensation strategy and make data-driven decisions to optimize our compensation packages. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced, innovative tech environment and contribute to our mission of making internet business personal. We currently operate in a hybrid working model and have offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Dublin, London and Sydney.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Compensation Program Design: Collaborate with HR and leadership to develop and enhance compensation strategies that align with the company's goals and values. Analyze market trends and best practices to recommend competitive compensation packages for various roles within the organization.
- Market Research and Benchmarking: Conduct comprehensive salary and benefits surveys to evaluate Intercom's position in the market. Utilize external data and internal metrics to benchmark compensation structures and make informed recommendations.
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Analyze compensation data and present meaningful insights to stakeholders. Generate regular reports to evaluate the effectiveness of compensation programs, identify trends, and suggest improvements.
- Job Evaluation and Grading: Assess job roles and responsibilities to ensure accurate job leveling and appropriate pay grades. Develop and maintain job descriptions that reflect the requirements and responsibilities of each position.
- Compensation Compliance: Stay updated with relevant labor laws, regulations, and industry standards to ensure compliance with compensation practices. Work with legal and HR teams to implement changes as needed.
- Annual Compensation Review: Coordinate and support the annual compensation review process, including salary adjustments, bonuses, and equity grants. Provide guidance to managers on fair and consistent compensation decisions.
- Incentive and Bonus Programs: Assist in the design and administration of incentive and bonus programs that motivate employees and align with business objectives.
- Compensation Communication: Communicate and educate employees on compensation policies, programs, and changes to enhance transparency and understanding.
- HRIS and Systems Management: Utilize HRIS and compensation-related tools to maintain accurate data and streamline compensation processes.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Finance, Business, or a related field is preferred. A relevant Master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience (typically 3+ years) as a Compensation Analyst or in a similar role, preferably in the technology industry or fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in data analysis tools. Experience with Excel and HRIS systems is essential.
- Strong ability in utilizing advanced data analysis and modeling techniques to assess the effectiveness of compensation programs, identify trends, and provide insights and recommendations to stakeholders
- Strong skills in data visualization tools and techniques to effectively present complex data in a visually compelling manner. This includes creating charts, graphs, dashboards, and interactive visualizations that facilitate data exploration and understanding
- Solid understanding of compensation principles, job evaluation methodologies, and market trends.
- Familiarity with equity programs and their administration.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex information to various stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy in data management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with professionalism.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented setting.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.