Staff Brand Designer, Creative Systems
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Intercom Creative Studio is looking for a Staff-Level Designer with experience building design systems based in thoughtful creative strategy. At an exciting moment in time for Intercom, you’ll be responsible for applying cutting-edge creative thinking to all of the brand’s most impactful touchpoints. Our small but growing in-house team is home to a diverse group of creatives with a broad range of experience, backgrounds and talents. We’re constantly looking for ways to make our day-to-day work feel fresh and meaningful, and we deeply value the health and wellness of each member of the team.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Lead design work for brand systems that ladder up to Intercom’s core identity, influencing work at the program level
- Establish Intercom’s brand as a leader and reference point for the industry
- Own the rollout of new brand design systems
- Develop sub-brands
- Audit brand surfaces for inconsistencies and own new creative solutions
- Be proactive to ensure brand touchpoints are aligned with Intercom’s core identity
- Create bespoke campaigns that deliver on our brand and business strategy
- Create impactful branding for Intercom events
- Own management of the brand component library in figma
- Collaborate with senior leadership about program-level creative strategies
- Continuously learn about Intercom’s products and maintain deep empathy with B2B SaaS audiences
- Work in partnership with the Producer, Design Manager, and Copy Manager to operationalize the Systems workstream
- Document and communicate new creative strategies to other members of the Creative Studio and stakeholders across the company
- Art direct more junior designers and freelancers
What skills do I need? 📖
- 10+ years design experience with a portfolio showcasing a breadth of brand identity work
- Proficiency in Figma, Adobe CC
- Experience in motion design and illustration (in execution and/or art direction)
- Ability to work autonomously and guide more junior members of the team
- Ability to balance staying on top of design trends while remaining true to Intercom’s core brand identity
- Detail oriented—ability to sweat design details while also seeing the big picture
- Understand the impact of change at a strategic, systems-wide level that can affect the brand as a whole
- Ability to communicate with precision, clarity, honesty, and respect
- Ability to articulate and defend decisions to senior leadership
- A strong understanding of Intercom’s brand strategy and how to apply it
- A strong understanding of business goals and strategy
- Ability to navigate ambiguous projects
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan & match
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
The base salary range for candidates within the San Francisco Bay Area is $170,000 - $200,000. Actual base pay will depend on a variety of factors such as education, skills, experience, location, etc. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All regular employees may also be eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.