Senior HR Business Partner
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The HR Business Partner is a key member of the People Operations team in helping Senior Leadership achieve organizational success at scale. We are looking for an experienced, commercially-oriented BP who excels in key areas of thought partnership, problem solving, and strategic thinking. Reporting to the Senior Manager of HRBPs & Programs, you will play an integral role in supporting and driving critical business initiatives and HR processes for Intercom’s Finance, Legal & Marketing teams.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Be an embedded and strategic thought partner to leaders, providing guidance and input on matters such as workforce and succession planning, performance management, engagement and retention initiatives, compensation, employee relations.
- Participate in decision making at the Senior Leadership level within your client groups; help leaders think and plan long term
- Translate business needs and goals into personal and team actions
- Coach leaders and people managers to proactively manage employees and provide advice and guidance on varying employee topics and issues
- Provide feedback and recommendations to the development and execution of People Programs, supporting employee and manager enablement needs as needed
- Partner closely with HR Business Partners and centers of excellence (Recruiting, People Ops, Comp, People Programs, etc.) to identify and drive strategic initiatives, efficiencies, best practices, and continuity
- Partner with the business to roll out key People initiatives (performance management, compensation, benefits, development programs, etc)
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years in a people org role, and specifically 3+ years experience in a business partner function, preferably in a tech start-up environment.
- Deep commercial understanding and a willingness to share your experience and perspective
- Ability to take business goals/priorities and translate them into initiatives
- Consultative approach to strategic partnership
- Able to combine great people intuition, data, business judgment and discretion in your decision-making
- Experience providing business partnership and support to a diverse group of leaders and executives in a matrixed environment
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal), exemplary client service skills, the ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities and adapt to a fluid, high-growth environment
- Knowledge of HR compliance regulations, employment laws, and industry best practices
- Team player with a sense of ownership and “get things done” attitude - self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed environment
- Alignment to Intercom’s core values
- Values and respects confidentiality
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan & match
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
The base salary range for candidates within the San Francisco Bay Area is $116,100-157,100. Actual base pay will depend on a variety of factors such as education, skills, experience, location, etc. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.