Staff Creative Web Designer
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Intercom Brand Studio is looking to build a world-class creative team. As a key component of this highly motivated & inspired team, we are looking to hire a creative visionary to lead the charge on Intercom’s visual web presence.
The ideal creative candidate will have a wealth of boundary-pushing visual web design experience, mastery in collaborating closely with web development partners, an obsession with sweating the finer details, ability to navigate ambiguity, a driving ambition for creative quality, and will bring positivity and optimism to every touchpoint. You know, a creative genius that’s really cool to work with.
As a member of the Intercom Brand Studio, you’ll work alongside various designers, writers, Producers, Illustrators, and Animators to produce career defining work that will shape the future of the Intercom brand.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join the Intercom Brand Studio as we are reshaping what it looks like to build an in-house creative agency within a recognized and reputable Product-lead SAAS business.
If you’re a highly motivated and inspired web designer and you’re looking to help build a culture of creative talent and shape a special, deep-rooted culture, this is your opportunity. We’re here to do the best work of our careers and to help shape the future of a thriving and expanding business.
Our small but growing in-house team is home to a diverse group of creatives with a broad range of experience, backgrounds and talents. We’re constantly looking for ways to make our day-to-day work feel fresh and meaningful, and we deeply value the health and wellness of each member of the team.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Designing boundary-pushing, creatively inspired web pages
- Collaborating closely with development partners to create slick, advanced, modern & tasteful web pages that push the boundaries of current web creative standards.
- Inputting on wireframing and information architecture
- Delivering work at the forefront of design and web trends
- Creating impactful and highly realistic product-focused visuals
- Storyboarding motion-based assets and art directing animators
- Ideating and prototype interactive solutions
- Designing for responsive breakpoints
- Working within and expand upon a web component system
- Helping implement a new brand identity on the web
- Owning projects from concept to final execution
- Collaborating with stakeholders in a highly iterative and agile environment
- Balancing design excellence with a need for speed and a focus on success metrics
- Partnering with writers, producers, marketers, product experts, company leaders and external agencies to drive projects forward
- Art directing junior designers and freelancers
What skills do I need? 📖
- 7-9 years of design experience with a portfolio showcasing a breadth of web-focused design work
- Proficiency in Figma, Adobe CC (Webflow a plus)
- Experience in motion design and storyboarding (in execution and/or art direction)
- Strong design sensibilities, from high-level strategic direction to production details
- Ability to communicate with precision, clarity, honesty, and respect
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS to converse with developers
- Basic understanding of designing within a CMS
- A general understanding of business goals and strategy
- A general understanding of web performance metrics
- Ability to present ideas effectively to stakeholders
- Ability to navigate ambiguous projects
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Pension scheme & match up to 4%
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.