Sr. Field Marketing Manager
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
At Intercom we firmly believe in the power and importance of creating world-class brand interactions and experiences - big and small - that directly contribute to the success of the business. As the Senior Regional Marketing Manager, you’ll be at the heart of our field marketing strategy, connecting Intercom to customers and prospects in a number of regions.
You’ll define an events strategy that supports our company strategy and meticulously plan, promote, and execute dozens of activities as well as account-based marketing tactics throughout the USA. You’ll ensure that the program is successful and pay close attention to the details and budgets for each event or tactic you execute with strong ROI goals. We want to see enthusiastic candidates with superb organization, fresh ideas, and a knack for marketing that impacts revenue.
This role is open to candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area and Chicago Metropolitan Area.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Executing event plans that support our company strategy
- Organizing and hosting online and in-person events that focus on community and create net-new sales opportunities, accelerate existing opportunities and deepen our customer relationships
- Manage all aspects of event coordination including: strategy, objectives, materials creation, event messaging/marketing, signage, giveaways, contract negotiation, vendor relations, site selection, registration, agenda scheduling, staffing, on-site production and F&B, & logistics, budget
- Collaborate with the AMER sales regional leadership teams to develop and implement a strategy that combines events across the different stages of the funnel
- Research industry events and marketing/campaign opportunities and evaluate sponsorship based on Intercom’s objectives and target audience
- Assist regional sales by increasing local/regional brand awareness and driving leads and MQLs in the region
- Collaborate with demand generation and marketing operations team to develop metrics to measure the success of all initiatives
- Track results of all campaign activities and making recommendations for future activity (KPI’s, budgets/financial returns, ROI, planning, sizing)
What skills do I need? 📖
- You have 4-6 years of marketing experience at a technology company
- You have experience implementing and executing an event strategy across multiple locations
- You have experience managing budgets and are comfortable with numbers
- You have strong project management and organizational skills, leaving no detail untouched
- You have an understanding of the foundations of marketing and how events can play a critical part in moving the business forward
- Your communication skills are out of this world; you are able to clearly and concisely craft messages to internal and external stakeholders, including presenting to management teams
- You have strong stakeholder management skills and are comfortable managing expectations and keeping teams on track
- Experience working in hyper-growth global SaaS, B2B organizations
- Experience in Salesforce, Marketo, Tableau, project management tools is a plus
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
The base salary range for candidates within the San Francisco Bay Area is $161,460.00 - $218,520.00. Actual base pay will depend on a variety of factors such as education, skills, experience, location, etc. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All regular employees may also be eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.