Business Development Representative
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As a Business Development Representative,, you will play a critical role in driving revenue growth for the Intercom Sales organization through effective pipeline generation. Our role is to lay the foundation for Intercom Sales by engaging with prospects and customers, helping them understand the value of Intercom through creative & engaging prospecting. .
We invest in our BDRs. We strongly believe in giving our team the opportunities to grow & develop at Intercom, to push themselves outside of their comfort zones to achieve goals they never thought possible. In joining the Business Development team at Intercom, you join a community that believes in development and promotion from within. We’re looking for people who are excited to work in a fast-moving company, make an impact, and rapidly develop their career in sales.
As a BDR team, we empower one another to achieve our goals, exceed expectations and continue to deliver real business impact. We’re looking for a teammate to do the same!
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Creating and prioritizing strategic target account lists with Account Executives
- Generating new business pipeline for Account Executives through cold calling, email, social etc.
- Providing a great experience for Intercom’s prospective customers
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of our product and its value to customers
- Demonstrating an ability to attract new customers
- Working with other functions to improve business processes
- Engaging in team development and mentoring
What skills do I need? 📖
- Strong desire to build a career in Sales, you want to be an Account Executive in the future
- 1+ year of customer-facing work experience (Sales and/or SaaS experience is a +)
- Operational Excellence:
- Competitive Landscape & Industry Knowledge is crucial.
- Prospecting skills (cold calling, email, social)
- Growth Mindset
- Results Oriented
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Familiarity with these systems and tools: (SFDC, Outreach, Cognism, Zoominfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator)
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan & match
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.