Billing Operations Specialist
Intercom is redefining how businesses support their customers using powerful messaging and automation.
Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Lyft Business, rely on Intercom to deliver efficient and personal customer experiences at scale. Intercom is used to send over 500 million messages per month and enables interactions with over 600 million monthly active end users.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through in-product messaging, and so much more!
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Billing Operations Specialist will delight Intercom customers with the best invoicing experience. This job is right for you if you’re striving in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple tasks, yet able to keep laser-like focus on getting the job done on time and with impeccable quality.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- This person will be expected to:
- Complete customer vendor forms on an ad-hoc basis
- Follow-up with customers and Sales to request and update PO information for new and existing customers
- Register for new customer payment portals (Coupa, Ariba, etc.) and upload invoices on a monthly/quarterly/annual cadence for existing customer portals.
- Review system-generated invoice against contract to ensure accuracy before posting and emailing invoices to customers on a daily basis
- Review, approve, and create coupons for programs on a weekly basis
- Download bank account transactions and process them in billing system on a daily basis
- Assist in month end reconciliation of bank account and payment transactions
- Process customer credit card disputes on a daily/weekly basis
- Submit evidence to challenge customer credit card disputes on a weekly basis and process won challenges in billing system
- Work closely with Senior Collections Analyst to pause, resume, and cancel subscriptions for credit card customers.
- Maintain internal documentation related to Billing Operations Processes
- Respond to self-serve customer billing inquiries in Intercom Inbox
- Respond to self-serve internal stakeholder billing inquiries in Intercom Inbox
What skills do I need? 📖
- Clear and effective communicator with internal stakeholders and external customers
- 2+ years experience posting daily invoices in billing system, such as Zuora, NetSuite, Stripe
- Experience with daily payment processing and month end bank reconciliations
- Experience using payment portals (Ariba, Coupa, Taulia, Tungsten, etc.)
- Credit card dispute and challenge experience
- Collections experience
- Want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Experience using Intercom
- Stripe Billing experience
- Customer Support experience
The base salary range for this role is targeted at $57,400 - $77,600 in Chicago. Actual base pay will depend on a variety of factors such as education, skills, experience, location, etc. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All regular employees may also be eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). Please note that this information is only provided publicly for candidates in California, Colorado, New York and Washington, but the role is open to candidates outside of those locations as well.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.
Something looks off?