Accounts Payable Specialist
Intercom is redefining how businesses support their customers using powerful messaging and automation.
Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Lyft Business, rely on Intercom to deliver efficient and personal customer experiences at scale. Intercom is used to send over 500 million messages per month and enables interactions with over 600 million monthly active end users.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through in-product messaging, and so much more!
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We are looking for a results-oriented Account Payable Specialist to join our Accounting team in Dublin, Ireland. In this role, you will be responsible for invoice processing for Intercom’s global entities in multiple countries and currencies. You will also be responsible for reviewing Expensify reports: both out of pocket employee expense reimbursements and corporate credit card expenses to verify policy adherence.
We are seeking someone with a demonstrated track record of processing a high volume of transactions and juggling competing priorities while working in various software systems. By nature, you are a problem solver who is comfortable working independently and in a team environment.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Process invoices by applying accurate GL coding, assigning approvers, and adhering to the purchasing policy
- Review of open invoices in Coupa to ensure timely vendor payments
- Maintain accurate vendor records and add new vendors as needed
- Partner with the GL Accounting team to prepare month-end accruals
- Manage the employee expense reimbursement process in Expensify by reviewing expense reports in accordance with the expense reimbursement policy
- Manage the global corporate credit card program including issuance, cancellation, and review of credit card expense reports
- Support vendors and internal employees by resolving questions related to Coupa and Expensify
- Assist with the preparation of the year-end Forms 1099 for US vendors
- Approach all processes and policies with SOX and US GAAP guidelines in mind
- Assist manager with special projects
What skills do I need? 📖
- 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Intermediate Excel skills
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Familiarity with our systems Coupa, Expensify, and NetSuite is a positive
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Pension scheme & match up to 4%
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.
Something looks off?