Customer Support Specialist 1 (Hourly)
Intercom is redefining how businesses support their customers using powerful messaging and automation.
Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Lyft Business, rely on Intercom to deliver efficient and personal customer experiences at scale. Intercom is used to send over 500 million messages per month and enables interactions with over 600 million monthly active end users.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through in-product messaging, and so much more!
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Customer Support team is responsible for onboarding, educating, and supporting our customers on a global level. We start work the moment a customer decides they want to use Intercom, sticking with them every step of the way to ensure they get the most value from our product.
This opportunity is for folks who truly love supporting customers and see themselves in a customer facing role long term. This is not a springboard into other areas or jobs at Intercom. This is a great role for those who are looking to be part of our support team for a while and who are excited about supporting Intercom’s growth with personal experiences.
This position will be hybrid with the expectation to work from the office 1-3 days a week and work from home the remaining days of the week. You are welcome to work from the office full-time if that is preferred.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Communicating efficiently and effectively with our customers - we use our own product to do most of our support, but you'll also be talking to customers on the phone every now and then
- Owning customer communications and issues from initial contact until resolution
- Becoming an encyclopedia of knowledge about how Intercom works and what it is capable of
- Being the one responsible, along with the Support team, to ensure that all customers have a great experience with the product - a crucial part of the role is ensuring we make the product as easy to use, reliable, bug-free, and fast as possible
- Working directly with product teams to identify current issues and, synthesizing the diverse feedback you hear from our customers, offer informed opinions on potential solutions
What your first 6 months will look like:
30 days - Onboarding to Intercom and Customer Support: You’ll learn what it means to be an Intercomrade and the ins & outs of our product. You will learn the fundamentals to set you up for success and be talking to our customers alongside a dedicated mentor.
90 days - Helping customers & crushing KPIs: At this point you’ll be fully ready to jump in helping customers and tracking your performance based on our ambitious yet achievable Key Performance Indicators.
6 months - Broadening your impact on the team and your personal development: While supporting customers, you will also have the opportunity to get involved with CS teams and additional projects like social media support, bots & automation, quality assurance, internal support, and more!
What skills do I need? 📖
Remember that there’s no such thing as the perfect candidate or background, which is what makes us unique and successful! Imposter syndrome is common, but we’d love to hear from you. So please don’t hesitate to apply, even if you don’t tick every box on this page!
- Passion for talking to customers all day, every day
- A genuine enjoyment of technology
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Great problem solving abilities
- The ability to rapidly switch gears while retaining focus on the bigger picture
- The ability to explain complex topics in easy to understand and concise language [English]
- Ambition, eagerness and the will to learn and improve upon your own skills
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Previous experience in a troubleshooting environment
- An understanding of internet culture
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan & match
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.
Something looks off?