Senior Manager, Strategic Planning & Operations
Intercom is redefining how businesses support their customers using powerful messaging and automation.
Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Lyft Business, rely on Intercom to deliver efficient and personal customer experiences at scale. Intercom is used to send over 500 million messages per month and enables interactions with over 600 million monthly active end users.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through in-product messaging, and so much more!
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Sr. Manager, Strategic Planning & Operations will be responsible for supporting ongoing and ad hoc company operations needed to run the rhythm of the business, with the ultimate goal of creating durable company capabilities that improve our operational excellence.
An ideal candidate has demonstrated strong business judgment based on strategic thinking. They must have experience managing multiple high-stakes projects at once, a passion for getting things done, strong emotional intelligence, ability to effectively communicate inside and outside the company, and a high level of discretion. This individual will collaborate with senior internal stakeholders including Executives and Leadership across all of Intercom, to bring cross-functional efforts together quickly and effectively.
What will I be doing? 🚀
This role reports to the VP, Strategic Planning & Operations, and is a rare opportunity to lay the operational foundations for our next stage of growth and work on projects of high importance to the Executive team. We’re looking for a strong candidate who can move quickly to bring people together across all levels of the company, apply good judgment, and ultimately build processes that define the way we get things done as a company.
- Coordinate and improve the inputs to Executive and Leadership decision-making
- Systematize the levels of reporting - from board to org level - that inform Executive decision making
- Bring visibility to the company-wide activities that we execute in pursuit of our strategy
- Connect workstreams and teams that would otherwise remain siloed, ensuring we maximize the company level impact of that work
- Improve the quality of decision-making and throughput of cross-functional operations
- Build processes that outlast any individual - set the standard for operational excellence
- Own cross-functional projects that have multiple possible owners - or no obvious owner
- Set a strong example of culture and leadership to enhance the whole team
- Live our values
What skills do I need? 📖
- You have 5+ years of experience in management consulting or high-growth tech operations; B2B SaaS experience preferred
- You have experience working directly with Executive leadership, and are able to engage with and influence senior executives and leadership with gravitas
- You are able to build trusted partnerships with senior leaders, partners and team members at all levels
- You communicate effectively in written (documents and emails), visual (charts and decks), and verbal forms, and are able to calibrate communications for audiences of all levels
- You demonstrate a high degree of ownership and accountability, and are able to manage multiple, high-profile projects and deliverables
- You apply a detail-oriented, analytical approach to problem-solving leveraging data for decision-making
- You have an appetite to absorb data (quantitative & qualitative) from a variety of sources (SQL, customer interviews, Sales rep data, competitors, product behavior, dashboards, meetings, etc.); connect it; and be able to draw a “so what?” conclusion;
- You are able to perform data analysis (and partner with Data Science and Analytics teams) to define key performance indicators; use them to better understand our business; and persuasively communicate findings to cross-functional stakeholders at all levels;
- You are comfortable writing intermediate SQL, i.e., queries that include multiple tables, aggregate functions, and common table expressions (CTEs) without supervision
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
The base salary for candidates is targeted at $129,400 - $175,100 in Colorado, $137,000 - $185,400 in Washington, and San Francisco Bay Area is $152,200 - $206,000. Actual base pay will depend on a variety of factors such as education, skills, experience, location, etc. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All regular employees may also be eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.
Something looks off?