Senior Brand Designer, Web
Intercom is redefining how businesses support their customers using powerful messaging and automation.
Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Lyft Business, rely on Intercom to deliver efficient and personal customer experiences at scale. Intercom is used to send over 500 million messages per month and enables interactions with over 600 million monthly active end users.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through in-product messaging, and so much more!
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Intercom Brand Studio is looking for a Senior Brand Designer with experience designing impactful experiences for websites. You'll work with other designers, copywriters, product and marketing leaders to translate Intercom’s brand in new and exciting ways on our marketing site. Our small but growing in-house team is home to a diverse group of creatives with a broad range of experience, backgrounds and talents. We’re constantly looking for ways to make our day-to-day work feel fresh and meaningful, and we deeply value the health and wellness of each member of the team.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Partner with UX and UI designers in the visual design of Intercom’s web properties
- Use design thinking to give input on wireframing and information architecture
- Deliver work at the forefront of design and web trends
- Create impactful and highly realistic product-focused visuals
- Storyboard motion-based assets and art direct with animators
- Ideate and prototype interactive solutions
- Design for responsive breakpoints
- Work within and expand upon a web component system
- Help implement a new brand identity on the web
- Own projects from concept to final execution
- Collaborate with stakeholders in a highly iterative and agile environment
- Balance design excellence with a need for speed and a focus on success metrics
- Partner with writers, producers, marketers, product experts, company leaders and external agencies to drive projects forward
- Be a source of inspiration for the brand team
- Art direct junior designers and freelancers
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5-7 years of design experience with a portfolio showcasing a breadth of web-focused design work
- Proficiency in Figma, Adobe CC (Webflow a plus)
- Experience in motion design and storyboarding (in execution and/or art direction)
- Strong design sensibilities, from high-level strategic direction to production details
- Ability to communicate with precision, clarity, honesty, and respect
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS to converse with developers
- Basic understanding of designing within a CMS
- A general understanding of business goals and strategy
- A general understanding of web performance metrics
- Ability to present ideas effectively to stakeholders
- Ability to navigate ambiguous projects
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Pension scheme & match up to 4%
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.