Senior Business Systems Analyst
Intercom is redefining how businesses support their customers using powerful messaging and automation.
Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Lyft Business, rely on Intercom to deliver efficient and personal customer experiences at scale. Intercom is used to send over 500 million messages per month and enables interactions with over 600 million monthly active end users.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through in-product messaging, and so much more!
The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Go To Market Systems organization is responsible for the selection, architecture, governance and administration of all 3rd Party SaaS applications and data sets that power our Go To Market teams (Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Growth and Customer Support).
We’re looking to hire an experienced Senior Business Systems Analyst to join our GTM Business Systems team. In this role, you will be responsible for eliciting and analyzing complex business requirements, processes and systems within Salesforce, as well as, documenting and communicating out your sound recommendations for improvements. By nature, you're a problem solver and excited to troubleshoot issues that impair our sales/support processes. You should have the ability to uncover deficiencies in our systems, escalate them properly, and devise long-term solutions.
We have a modern GTM Business Systems tech stack that includes: Marketo, Outreach, Intercom, CPQ and Salesforce.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Analyze complex business processes and systems within Salesforce and identify areas for improvement
- Independently review requests through effectively eliciting requirements and troubleshoot issues to understand technical deficiencies of the product, define root causes, and implement proactive resolution design
- Proactively liaise between Sales, Sales Operations, Salesforce Admins/Engineers, QA Lead, Biz Systems PMO and Finance members to identify deficiencies, deliver innovative solutions and facilitate UAT
- Develop a deep knowledge of various platforms to help document and improve Intercom’s process
- Through a strong understanding of business requirements, prioritize and drive business systems projects to completion working with stakeholders in various departments
- Communicate project status, issues, and risks to stakeholders
- Develop and maintain documentation related to Salesforce systems and processes
- Participate in the development and implementation of Salesforce best practices, policies, and procedures
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Salesforce releases and features, and evaluate their potential impact on the organization
What skills do I need? 📖
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in Salesforce Business Systems Analysis
- Strong analytical as well as active listening skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Salesforce certifications such as Certified Salesforce Business Analyst, Certified Salesforce Administrator, Certified Salesforce Sales Cloud Consultant and/or Certified Salesforce CPQ Specialist are a plus
- Experience with 3rd party integration tools such as Marketo, Outreach, DocuSign, Cognizant, Conga Composer, Intercom and other sales tools / tech stack
- Fascinated by the way things work and love to learn
- Want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
The base salary range for this role is targeted at $123,000 - $166,000 in Colorado, $130,000 - $176,000 in Washington, and $144,800 - $196,000 for the San Francisco Bay Area and New York. Actual base pay will depend on a variety of factors such as education, skills, experience, location, etc. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All regular employees may also be eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). Please note that this information is only provided publicly for candidates in California, Colorado, New York and Washington, but the role is open to candidates outside of those locations as well.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.
Something looks off?