Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
At Intercom, you will be a product engineer - someone who solves real customer problems through a smart and efficient application of your technical knowledge and your tools. You’ll be part of one of our multidisciplinary product teams, where you will build both back-end and front-end systems, and work closely with designers, product managers, researchers, and data analysts.
We’re facing many exciting scaling challenges and we’re building a robust platform where your expertise can be applied to areas such as building a beautiful messenger composer, rule matching, deliverability, security, app availability and machine learning, to name a few.
What will I be doing? 🚀
As an experienced engineer you will:
- Develop technical plans and contribute to our technical architecture as we scale our products to serve tens of millions of people every day.
- Write Ruby code, which knits together a lot of AWS, infrastructure, platform and SaaS technologies that form the core of Intercom’s backend infrastructure
- Ship a change to production on your first day and a feature in your first week. That “day one” change is automatically deployed to production along with 100 other deployments (on average) each weekday
- Grow your team’s capacity by mentoring other engineers and interviewing candidates. This is a chance to be an integral part of building and growing a team.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 2+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role, preferably building a SaaS product. You can demonstrate significant impact that your work has had on the product and/or the team.
- Experience collaborating directly with product teams and designers, and a proven track record of delivering value to customers or users. Engineers at Intercom are pragmatists who work closely with others on cross-disciplinary teams
- Experience with Distributed systems
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.