Staff Engineer, Front-End
HiveWatch is a tech-forward, inclusive organization fostering the evolution of the physical security industry. We are a diverse team of forward thinkers who empower each other to find creative and collaborative solutions in an industry ripe for modernization. We are passionate about the problems we’re solving for our customers and equally passionate about the company we’re building.
HiveWatch is our Security Fusion Platform™ that works with existing security systems, enabling users to reduce noise, and add an intelligent orchestration layer to help companies manage their current security programs. You can think of it as the operating system for physical security. Alongside this cloud-based platform is our mobile app, Patrol, that connects field resources (guards) to our customer’s operation centers without the need for expensive radio solutions or cumbersome call sheets. Lastly, HiveWatch’s Swarm is our Virtual Global Security Operations Center (vGSOC). Swarm uses HiveWatch’s own in-house state-of-the-art GSOC and trained team to service organizations with limited security resources, or those looking to make changes/transitions to their existing programs.
As a Staff Engineer - Front-End you will be responsible for establishing and leading our growing software engineering team from an education and mentorship perspective. You will report directly to the executive suite, working closely with product and engineering leadership to develop the software we build to revolutionize how companies keep their people safe.
- Languages: React, React Native, TypeScript, Kotlin/Java, and Rust
- Deployments: Kubernetes (AWS EKS), Terraform, and Helm
- Infrastructure: GitHub Actions CI/CD, Postgres, S3, AWS Kinesis
- Communication: GraphQL API
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Own delivery and quality of front-end applications
- Polish up a front-end end-to-end development cycle enabling the team to expand, while allowing quality to be ensured
- Align the front-end code base across mobile and web development
- Lead and mentor front-end developers
- Proficient with React, React Native, TypeScript, and GraphQL
- Kotlin and Swift mobile development as a plus
- Management and/or team lead experience
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Salary range for this position: $165,000 to $180,000 per year
- Eligible to participate in HiveWatch Equity Incentive Plan
*Final offer will be at the company's sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of relevant experience and expertise, location, and other business considerations.
- Leverage cutting edge solutions in an emerging field with lots of growth potential
- Generous compensation packages
- Hybrid office model
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Family friendly & compassionate work culture
- Work with good people who CARE about making the world a better place