San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
At Glow, we believe that insurance can provide peace of mind to small business owners so they can pursue their dreams. We are building a digital insurance platform that ensures small businesses have the right coverage for all their insurance needs at the lowest cost, not just when they purchase, but every year. We recently completed a $22M Series A funding, and looking for energetic, dynamic, growth-minded individuals to join our team!
What's the Role?
As a Senior Engineer at Glow, you will play a crucial role in driving our mission forward. You will have the opportunity to lead a team of engineers and make key decisions about our technology and platform. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about using their technical expertise to make a positive impact on people's lives. You will be responsible for creating exceptional code and establishing the foundation of our tech stack.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Collaborating with product managers, designers, and other engineers to understand requirements and deliver high-quality solutions.
- Leading technical design discussions, providing valuable insights and contributing to architectural decisions.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining robust, scalable, and efficient code, adhering to best practices and coding standards.
- Continuously optimizing and improving existing systems to ensure performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- Contributing to the growth of our engineering team, actively participating in hiring processes and fostering a positive and inclusive team culture.
You'll be a great fit if you:
- Are a full stack engineer with 5+ years of experience and advanced frontend and backend skills (Node.js, React, TypeScript).
- Have experience with modern software development methodologies and tools and a track record of delivering successful products.
- Possess a deep understanding of software architecture, design patterns, and best practices.
- Have strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex technical challenges and propose effective solutions.
- Have excellent communication skills, both technical and non-technical, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Have experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS) and containerization (Docker) is a plus.
- Hold a BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or related degree.
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Medical, dental & vision insurance plans
- 401(k) program
- Paid time off