Head of Finance
Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
At Glow, we believe that insurance can provide peace of mind to small business owners so they can pursue their dreams. We are building a digital insurance platform that ensures small businesses have the right coverage for all their insurance needs at the lowest cost, not just when they purchase, but every year. We recently completed a $22M Series A funding, and are looking for energetic, dynamic, growth-minded individuals to join our team!
What's the Role?
We’re looking for a data-driven, results-oriented VP of Finance to join our team and help build and scale our company. You will drive value by leading the company’s business operations, culture, and supporting a wide range of strategic initiatives. You’ll have the business maturity to set ambitious goals and the intellectual horsepower to derive deep, data-driven insights that will help us realize those goals.
You'll be responsible for:
- Budget and planning - Ability to prepare meaningful analysis for strategic business decisions and model financial scenarios.
- Establishing metrics and monitoring success - Analytical capacity to develop and track the core metrics that are essential to the health of the business. Translate numbers and metrics into a compelling fundraising story.
- Performance management - Develop and follow through with processes that will streamline operations, specifically around performance management.
- Board preparation - Package board material in a way that highlights the key drivers of the business for strategic decision-making. Work effectively and demonstrate leadership with functional heads to produce a cohesive board deck theme.
- Cash management- Calculate and predict burn, negotiate debt facilities and accurately present the current and future cash position real-time.
- Financial operations, HR & Legal -Experience with financial operations that are beyond budgeting and modeling. Working knowledge of HR, recruiting (knowledge of hiring people and where that growth should be) and legal functions.
- Optimizing org structure- Harness the demands of a fast growing organization and operate efficiently. Maintain the right temperament and culture-fit to unify all functional groups (Sales, Marketing, HR, Operations, F&A).
You'll be a good fit if you:
- Have Series A startup experience or have co/founded a venture backed company.
- Demonstrate high technical acumen.
- Are extremely well organized, detail-orientated, and self-driven.
- Have exceptional project management, organizational, and time management skills, with the ability to lead cross-functional teams in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Show an exceedingly high level of integrity, leadership, and teamwork in interactions across all levels of the organization.
- Are passionate about building and have a track record of building entire teams and processes from the ground up. You desire to build the company the way the product team wants to build the product.
- Have a strong preference for a transparent and collaborative working environment.
- Are thirsty for knowledge and continuous improvement, both personally and professionally.
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or related field. MBA strongly preferred.
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Medical, dental & vision insurance plans
- 401(k) program
- Paid time off