Accounting Operations Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance, Operations
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
About CrexiWe are the commercial real estate industry’s fastest-growing marketplace, data, and technology platform dedicated to supporting the CRE industry and its stakeholders. We enable commercial real estate professionals to quickly streamline, manage, and grow their businesses using the industry’s most advanced technology. Since launching in 2015, we have quickly become the fastest-growing CRE marketplace and most advanced platform in the industry. Crexi has helped buyers, sellers, and brokers transact business on over 300,000 commercial listings totaling more than $1 Trillion in property value. About this role:The Accounting Analyst will support the Company’s Procure to Pay operations and be central to all aspects of the accounts payable function. This position will also be responsible for communication with our vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure invoices are collected and paid in a timely manner.Successful candidates must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while ensuring timely, accurate processing of invoices and disbursements. What you'll do:
- Process vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursements. Assist the accounting team in properly processing transactions and resolving employee and vendor questions
- Review all AP vendor and employee expense activities for appropriate approvals, GL coding, identification of sales/use tax, if applicable, and overall compliance with policies and procedures prior to disbursement. Post and code transactions in the accounting system.
- Periodically review vendors to ensure accurate classification for IRS Form 1099 reporting purposes. Prepare and send IRS Form 1099s by the annual deadline.
- Ensure compliance with procurement and expense/T&E reimbursement policy/process and corporate credit card programs, ensure required supporting documents are retained, appropriate approvals are obtained, and proper reporting and analysis is performed.
- Assist Senior Accountant and Accounting Manager with accounting operations system enhancements, and automation projects.
- Ensure all accounting operations processes and policies are formally documented. Develop and conduct related internal trainings for the team and the organization.
- Perform regular cash reconciliations for the Company’s bank accounts. Perform coding of all cash transactions to the general ledger.
- Perform regular reconciliations of the Company’s corporate credit card expenses in the general ledger to the Company’s credit card statements.
- Other general accounting and ad hoc duties responsibilities as assigned based on capacity and need.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance (or relevant Business field) a plus
- 3+ years work experience in accounting operations/accounts payable role
- Experience with ERP systems, specifically with general ledger, cash reconciliation and accounts payable functions. NetSuite experience a plus
- Ability to produce quality work within tight timeframes and simultaneously work on multiple projects.
- Familiarity with various payment forms and the procure-to-pay process, including experience in system or process implementations associated with invoice processing and three-way matching
- Strong Excel Proficiency
- Strong attention to detail and strong time management/problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of basic GAAP accounting concepts (accrual accounting, etc.)
- Rapidly growing startup with a dynamic work environment
- Flexible team structure with the ability to progress in career
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Collaborative culture and numerous team activities