About the Role
Timing: Immediate start
Location: Remote in North America
Bravado is looking for a highly driven and business impact-obsessed finance leader to join our Operations & Finance team. The Operations & Finance team is critical to Bravado’s daily operations and long-term scalability of the company. In this role, you will be empowered with visibility to the entire organization, providing a unique vantage point to develop insights and strategy that meaningfully impacts Bravado. This role reports to the SVP of Finance & Operations, with significant autonomy to manage finance projects and responsibilities.
In a typical day you will own Bravado’s financial planning, building the financial and operational forecasts to provide strategic insights to the leadership team. You will oversee our Accounting agency and work closely with them to ensure our accounting processes and books are streamlined, efficient and accurate. You will work cross-functionally with all departments to provide financial support that empowers our business leaders to make sound decisions. You will also be involved in major strategic corporate initiatives, such as fundraising, board decks, and monthly investor updates.
This is the perfect role for a hungry, analytical team-player who wants to help grow a nascent but high growth business from the ground up. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, are a self-starter, and are motivated by the opportunity to lead the finance department in the future, this is the role for you!
- Build and own the company’s financial model to help the executive team make informed decisions around rolling forecasts, revenue projections and guidance around cash runway and burn
- Assisting our accountant in preparation of month end close, and creating variance analysis and summary financial updates to the leadership team
- Ensure our cash to order process is streamlined and AR collections is efficient
- Work collaboratively with business partners to develop new processes on collecting and paying customers and members on time and in an efficient manner
- Lead ad hoc finance and corporate projects from beginning to end, including but not limited to 409a valuation, R&D credit submissions, insurance renewals, and more
- Manage investor and bank relationships and responding with requests and bespoke financial analyses
- Advise on cash and treasury management best practices
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with other departments such as product, marketing and sales to drive new initiatives forward
- Take ownership of key programs and business processes, and identify operational weaknesses and drive innovation
- Executional excellence: Strong project and time management skills that can deliver high quality work while juggling multiple deadlines
- Highly collaborative: Capable of working cross-functionally to gather and synthesize key financial and operations information
- Highly analytical: Exceptional financial and operational modeling skills, with ability to analyzing complex business problems and data and turning them into actionable insights
- Professional maturity: Experience engaging with senior leadership and investors and demonstrates organizational political astuteness combined with tact, discretion, confidentiality, common sense and sound judgment.
- Ambitious and scrappy: Capable of being self-motivated and working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, ever-changing tech start-up environment
- Strong communication: Able to clearly distill complex financial and business information into easy-to-digest memos, presentations, or verbal updates
- Team player: Mission-driven, resourceful, team-oriented, and low-ego with a positive attitude
- Experience in finance at a tech company: Prior experience working in the finance department at a tech company / start-up
Nice to have
- Undergraduate degree in finance, economics, or business from a top university
- Background in investment banking, venture capital, private equity, other investing, or management consulting from a top firm
- Experience in a sales role (cold email, prospecting, negotiations, etc) or at a SaaS company
- Experience with SQL and other BI tools (Amplitude, Looker, etc)
Something looks off?