Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
The Stock Administrator is a critical member of the finance team in leading and scaling BetterUp’s stock administration function as we grow globally. This role is responsible for hands-on, end-to-end administration of BetterUp’s global equity plans. Finance/HR professionals with pre-IPO startup experience is required to quickly understand the holistic equity experience for our workforce.
What you’ll do:
- Administer the company’s global equity plans for all employees and third parties receiving grants. Manage exercise requests and be the main point of contact for equity at BetterUp.
- Partner with the company's external Legal team, Payroll, and HR. Act in close collaboration with recruiting to support equity conversations.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations to the Board of Directors related to the equity pool and proposed equity grants and modifications.
- Support employee education and awareness of equity awards and company programs and policies; provide live presentations for new and existing employees to fully understand equity offerings.
- Implement best practices with effective SOX controls, and assist with automation of routine work streams and manual processes to enable efficient, accurate and timely processing of equity award data.
- Prepare recurring and custom reports and reconciliations to ensure complete and accurate tracking of equity transactions on a quarterly basis including but not limited to equity roll forward and grant slate.
- Maintain supporting documents for internal/external SOX and financial auditors and respond accurately, thoroughly and timely to requests for data.
- Process leave of absence vesting suspensions and ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Prepare annual filings for international countries where BetterUp has employees with equity grants.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in administration of global equity plans; 3+ years working at pre-IPO organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree required, CEP Level III preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of equity plans and various equity award types.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications including advance excel skills.
- Experience managing Carta and/or Shareworks
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, highly confidential environment.
- Excellent project management skills.
- An effective communicator with a variety of levels of internal employees, business partners, external vendors, etc.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At BetterUp, we compensate our employees fairly for their work. Base salary is determined by job-related experience, education/training, residence location, as well as market indicators. The range below is representative of base salary only and does not include equity, sales bonus plans (when applicable) and benefits. This range may be modified in the future.
The base salary range for this role is $119,000 – $198,000.
If you live in New York, the base salary range for this role is:
$132,000 – $198,000 : New York City
$126,000 – $188,000 : Nassau, Newburgh
$119,000 – $179,000 : Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse