Senior Manager of Business Analytics
Waterloo, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
We believe communication belongs to everyone. We exist to democratize phone service. TextNow is evolving the way the world connects and that's because we're made up of people with curious minds who bring an optimistic, yet critical lens into the work we do. We're the largest provider of free phone service in the nation. And we're just getting started.
Join us in our mission to break down barriers to communication and free the flow of conversation for people everywhere.
Our ideal candidate is a sharp, thoughtful, and collaborative problem-solver, who enjoys identifying changes in customer behaviors, and then building scalable solutions to enable strategic decision making. You will have direct visibility with leaders and drive initiatives to support the rapid growth of TextNow. In addition, you will work closely with your peers and cross-functional partners to democratize data and insights across the company. You also have a potent combination of business acumen and data analytics background and an intense hunger to make a significant business impact by owning and driving business outcomes. This is a full-time position and will report to the Director of Business Analytics.
Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
What we’d like to see:
- Talent Leadership - Rich experience around building world-class business analytics teams focused on solving the right and most important problems, focusing on impact. You have a demonstrated track record of attracting top data/analytics talent, developing high-performing teams, a knack for keeping top talent engaged and challenged.
- Well-balanced skills – You are equal parts technical and functional. You are equally comfortable and effective in persuading both technical and business audiences. You take a consultative approach to solving business problems.
- Great communicator – You can tell the story behind the data and resulting insights across all levels. You are a pro at building slide decks to simplify any complex story. You can customize your communication style based on stakeholders. Based on context, you can guide and coach junior associates on story types, structures, and techniques.
- Business acumen – You can anticipate the needs of business stakeholders and business opportunities in the relevant business context.
- Analytics expertise – You excel at designing and building new and impactful analytic studies. You are equally strong at getting into the weeds and ensuring that the data needed to support these metrics is consistent and available. You are very comfortable rolling up your sleeves when needed and developing data solutions at scale.
- Data visualization – You are a pro at leveraging visualization to build compelling stories based on context to integrate multiple pieces of information into cohesive insights.
- Partner with business, finance, marketing, product, engineering organizations to drive outcomes
- Have a very strong product mindset and proactively ideate and design relevant data products to scale and monetize
- Drive the development of quantitative analysis, analytic frameworks, and custom studies to support decision making
- Partner with Data Engineers to define data and tracking requirements
- Translate data insights into actions and recommendations and self-serve products
- Produce visuals (charts, infographics) and presentations to communicate findings clearly and effectively to stakeholders and leadership
- 5-7 years of experience with data analytics and business intelligence
- 2-3 years of experience in leading teams of analysts & senior analysts
- Proven experience in leading data-driven strategies and initiatives from the idea to execution, driving and influencing product and business roadmaps
- Direct experience working with very large datasets
- Experience with at least one scripting language (R, Python)
- Hands-on experience with visualization tools (preferably Tableau) and measurement platforms (Braze, Leanplum)
- Deep expertise in writing and debugging SQL queries.
- Presentation experience and a proven track record of using insights to influence executives and colleagues
- Consulting experience is highly preferred.
- MBA from a top-tier school with a strong technical background.
- Mobile/app domain experience.
- Hands-on experience with DBT.
More about TextNow...
· People First (Make business decisions by putting people first!)
· No Brilliant Jerks (We're cool with the brilliant part, with the jerk part? not so much)
· Give a Damn! (We care about our work, our mission and our customers)
· Challenge Accepted (Show up with a positive can-do attitude)
Benefits, Culture, & More:
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote, or access to one of our office spaces)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being (wellness credit and L&D credit)
· We travel a few times a year for various team events, company wide off-sites, and more
Diversity and Inclusion:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
TextNow Candidate Policy
By submitting an application to TextNow, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the TextNow Candidate Policy