Senior Audiovisual (AV) Technician
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital. We live by our six company values everyday: Success First, Customer Obsessed, Incredibly High Standards, Open Mindedness, Resilience, Impatience, and Positive & Optimistic. They are stitched into the way we work, interact with others, and hold ourselves accountable. We’re eager to hire individuals who are passionate about our mission, deeply aligned with our values, and are excited to help shape the future of customer service.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The role of IT at Intercom is to offer outstanding IT experience by providing efficient and productive support in our offices. As part of this, we directly support Audio & Video conferencing and events systems, including the associated processes, hardware, software and third-party tools.
The Senior AV Technician is involved in all aspects of Audio-Visual at Intercom and is responsible for building and managing the AV technical infrastructure and associated processes. The Senior AV Tech is also responsible for designing and running events across our offices, enabling the business to communicate and collaborate effectively.
We currently operate in a hybrid working model and have offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Dublin, London and Sydney.
What will I be doing? 🚀
You will be working within the IT team and stakeholders like the Comms, Operations, Workplace and Executive Assistants teams to build and scale our audio-visual events infrastructure and train our frontrunners that will own end-user support and events. We are expecting impactful work from a highly skilled and motivated individual with a strong background in AV technology and a proven track record of designing and building internal tooling and processes.
To achieve the above, you will:
- Develop and scale our audio-visual infrastructure to meet our growing needs.
- Create and implement internal tooling and processes to improve the end user experience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful execution of AV projects.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of AV technology trends and advancements.
- Train and enable our IT Support frontrunners to support end users and run AV events.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Experienced in configuration and optimization of QSC components for superior audio performance in complex environments.
- Experience in programming of Crestron control systems for sophisticated AV setups, ensuring seamless integration and user experience.
- Leadership in the design and implementation of innovative AV solutions, adapting to evolving technology trends.
- Experience directing and overseeing the operation of VMix for event productions, including live streaming, multi-source mixing, and complex video/audio feeds.
- Ability to rapidly diagnose and resolve complex technical issues, providing expert-level troubleshooting during live events.
- Lastly, you must possess a wonderful passion for what you do, eager to learn and improve, and excited about technology and the future of the Internet and AV. With the ambition to be part of the best IT team in the industry.
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Relevant experience and certifications with AV technology and tools like QSC, Crestron, NDI, Google Meet, Logitech, Zoom, etc.
- Cloud-heavy hybrid infrastructure AV production experience
- Buildout experience
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.