Senior Salesforce Administrator
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We currently operate in a hybrid working model and have offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Dublin, London and Sydney.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Salesforce Administrator to join our Go-to-Market Systems Team. In this pivotal role, you will assume responsibility for the comprehensive management and support of our Salesforce instances, alongside the seamless integration of various complementary tech stacks. Your primary focus will be on the implementation, configuration, troubleshooting, and continuous maintenance of our extensive suite of business systems.
As a Senior Salesforce Administrator, you are inherently driven by problem-solving, eagerly tackling any challenges that may hinder the efficiency of our sales, marketing, and support processes. Your most rewarding days are those in which you've successfully resolved complex technical issues, ensuring the seamless operation of our systems.
Your role extends beyond mere maintenance; you will be expected to identify system deficiencies, escalate them through the appropriate channels, and collaborate closely with other Go-to-Market team members to formulate sustainable, long-term solutions.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Serve as the primary systems administrator for our Salesforce environments.
- Monitor and manage the overall health of the Salesforce platform, data quality, and complete regular internal systems audits.
- Research and find opportunities to utilize Salesforce best practices, guidelines to improve system productivity, scaling and monitoring.
- Create, refresh sandboxes and perform data loads into the sandboxes as needed.
- Work closely with the Platform Architecture team and manage integration points between upstream and downstream systems.
- Get deeply acquainted with and administer other Sales/Marketing/Support stack (Salesloft, Docusign, LeanData, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Clari, Zoominfo, and others) to understand how our stakeholders use each tool.
- Provision & de-provision, setup and manage 400+ users on multiple business applications.
- Provide support on Salesforce issues including availability, maintenance, and performance optimization.
- Independently review requests and troubleshoot issues to understand technical deficiencies of the systems, define root causes, and implement proactive resolution.
- Partner with Business Systems Analysts and Engineers to debug and diagnose complex defects, conduct root cause analysis, and make resolution recommendations.
- Collaborate closely with fellow team members to execute projects aimed at enhancing and scaling the organization holistically.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Advanced Salesforce Proficiency: Mastery of Salesforce features, functionalities, and best practices, including customizations, workflows, and data management.
- Data Analysis: Ability to analyze and interpret data within Salesforce to drive informed business decisions.
- System Integration: Experience in integrating Salesforce with other applications and systems, ensuring seamless data flow.
- Problem-Solving: Excel in troubleshooting by proactively identifying potential issues, devising system enhancements, and optimizing processes to minimize disruptions and enhance system reliability.
- Automation and Workflow: Demonstrate expertise in orchestrating intricate automation and workflow processes, optimizing system integrations, designing efficient or new solutions and mentoring others in automation best practices.
- Communication: Excel in communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution, fostering a collaborative and efficient work environment while effectively managing cross-functional teams.
- Autonomy: operate with a high degree of autonomy, leading projects, making strategic decisions, and mentoring others, while seeking guidance primarily for critical and strategic matters.
- Ownership: show strong ownership by leading and managing projects, making strategic decisions, and guiding the team toward achieving project goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with Salesforce Administration including an emphasis on Sales Cloud
- Experience with 3rd party tools such as Clearbit, LeanData, Clari, Zoominfo, Zuora, Docusign, and etc.
- Experience with source control tools such as Gitlab, GitHub. Experience with agile methodologies, CI/CD automation and release management tools like Copado
- Experience in maintaining data hygiene of a CRM utilizing Data Loader and/or Demand Tools.
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Salesforce Certified Administrator Certification
- Experience or drive to troubleshoot issues involving Apex within Salesforce
- Sales, Sales Ops, or Marketing Ops Experience
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Pension scheme & match up to 4%
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.