Staff Full Stack Engineer
Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
We're looking for someone who cares deeply about their craft, and who wants to use their skills to bring about positive change in the world while working in a high performing organization using modern software development approaches. Someone who is comfortable in the rapidly changing nature of a startup environment but also adept at moving relentlessly forward: doing what needs to be done to unblock projects that truly deliver value to our users. At BetterUp we delight in supporting and pushing each other to bring out the best in our colleagues, and would love someone to join the team who shares our passions for empathy, excellence, and continuous improvement. We also deeply understand that a key to peak performance is balance, and our culture is focused on providing the support our people need to be able to bring their whole selves to bear in service of our mission. In this role you will build, deploy and maintain integrations, services and features that enable the human transformation platform to drive just-in-time personal development, and help people reach their full potential.
What you'll do:
- Lead: Plan and execute projects and initiatives involving multiple developers and complex requirements, prioritizing strategically.
- Craft: Consistently deliver code that sets the standard for quality and maintainability. Maintain awareness of industry trends and tools.
- Empower: Enable team members to answer questions with data systems and processes that leverage quantitative and qualitative inputs.
- Mentor: Consistently mentor other engineers at all levels on the team. Adept at teaching and training engineers in software engineering practices.
Attributes we look for:
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field preferred
- 10+ years of relevant technical experience
- Experience building & supporting production-grade consumer applications with with Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Gitflow, Docker or related technologies
- Experienced in Agile product development processes (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean Startup, etc.)
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences, verbally and in writing
- Alignment with BetterUp mission of enabling self-driven behavior change
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, demonstrate ownership, and lend your expertise to guiding the technical product roadmap
What will make you successful in your time at BetterUp:
- You have radical curiosity and you love to learn new things
- You seek feedback and turn it into action
- You can work autonomously while being great at collaboration
- You mentor and empower others around you
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At BetterUp, we compensate our employees fairly for their work. Base salary is determined by job-related experience, education/training, residence location, as well as market indicators. The range below is representative of base salary only and does not include equity, sales bonus plans (when applicable) and benefits. This range may be modified in the future.
The base salary range for this role is $166,448– $249,672