Analytics Consultant, Value Management
Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
Help us align BetterUp capabilities with our customers' end goals. Specifically, this means quantifying the tangible business value we create for our costumes and creating innovative analysis.
Develop scalable analytical models and frameworks in conjunction with our customers, internal analytics teams, and engineering.
Help us redesign how we show our value to the world!
What you’ll do:
- Partner with our clients and internal account teams to secure, clean, analyze, and present on data demonstrating the impact and value BetterUp adds to their bottom-line business metrics
- Leverage advanced statistical modeling (e.g., multiple and logistical regression) to conduct deep dive analyses to understand how coaching drives impact and creates value
- Conceptualizes and implements standardized end-to-end processes to streamline data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Produces client-ready deliverables and presents findings back to partners in a simple and easy to understand way
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g., Product) to leverage key findings from Value Management to influence future product strategy
- Partner closely with sales teams to understand their needs and goals and ensure to cascade critical information they need to know about what is possible with our data
- Partner closely with data engineering and analytics engineering to design new data models that serve to provide routine data analysis and upload features on value analytics
- Translate complex results to non-technical audiences and help use data to deeply ingrain the BetterUp value into our partners
- Build strong relationships with other analysts to ensure we leverage each other's learnings and research
- Ability to make tradeoffs between rigorous experimental design and practical applied research
- Reports to the Director of Value Management
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- 4+ years in a professional analytical capacity with coding/programming experience in R (Posit)
- Interest and domain knowledge of organizational psychology, development, and/or change
- Masters in Industrial Organizational psychology or other related disciplines preferred
- Ability to translate data for technical, non-technical, and c-level audiences
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills: good understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts and classification techniques
- Experience conducting analyses with pre-post and quasi-experimental designs is strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills; experience working with a large volume of data with ability to solve performance issues
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, and to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Problem solving capability, inquisitive attitude that is ready to push the thinking, ask right questions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to visualize and report insights creatively in variety of formats to various stakeholders including clients
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At BetterUp, we compensate our employees fairly for their work. Base salary is determined by job-related experience, education/training, residence location, as well as market indicators. The range below is representative of base salary only and does not include equity, sales bonus plans (when applicable) and benefits. This range may be modified in the future.
The base salary range for this role is $112,000 – $215,000.
If you live in New York, the base salary range for this role is:
$145,000 – $215,000: New York City
$128,000 – $192,000: Nassau, Newburgh
$112,000 – $168,000: Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse